Project Kharlan- Main Design Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the name of god, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Main Idea Thread

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ANinjaSquirrle
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
ANinjaSquirrle

Main Idea Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 16, 2008 9:43 pm

get them by doing holy favors ur god orders you to carry out the assassination of one of the leaders of a tribe and by doing so you get a spell.....................OKAY! XD

I think not only should there be spells but techniques as well. OR like when you do these favors for ur god, he/she increases ur magical power, allowing you to learn more magic and learn how to mold the magic that way u can like instead of just slashing ur sword and then casting fire, u slash ur sword with a bit boost in power by infusing ur fire into the attack.
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 4:31 pm

Yeah! Blessings would be cool too.
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 17, 2008 5:07 pm

Sean, coding for that would be rediculously detailed. However, for every element there will be buff spells that you can cast that increase your melee damage and defense, which is essentially what you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
http://kharlan.heavenforum.com
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

PostSubject: Dream Sequence   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 4:30 pm

A possible entrance, before the little snippet I gave everyone.

Your character is lying on the grass, thinking, then he/she falls asleep and begins to dream.

Dreams about his/her childhood, where you have to complete some simple task. (Learn Movement)

Dreams about his/her teenage years, when he/she was attacked by a tiger or some other creature. (Basic Combat)

Dreams about when he/she had to retrieve an item from the cliff above him/her cuz they were just too short. (Basic Magic)

We could do this with other dreams, or something else, but I think that would be a cool way to do it.
Back to top Go down
WhiteboyNinja
Animations

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 26, 2008 5:07 pm

I still like the birth sequence in which you get to establish your character's appearance. Not neccessarily a graphic birth, but you're just like a baby lying there, and you could choose the doctor's dialogue. "It's a boy/girl/transvesite!!!" "It has your squinty eyes (Asian)!!!"
Etcetera.
Back to top Go down
ANinjaSquirrle
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
ANinjaSquirrle

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 29, 2008 1:08 pm

ryan...........just go die
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2008 5:14 pm

I think I'd go for the dream sequence, personally...
Back to top Go down
WhiteboyNinja
Animations

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyTue May 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Honestly, I think my idea would work in the context of the game, and it would definately keep us from breaking the fourth wall too much (i.e-reminding the player this is just a game with some odd contrived interface).

Also-nice new skin. Apparently I missed quite a bit.
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 EmptyWed May 14, 2008 5:20 pm

yeah. you deffinately need to turn in your damn bio...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Main Idea Thread   Main Idea Thread - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Main Idea Thread
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Kharlan- Main Design Team :: Religious Game :: Idea Center-
Jump to: