Project Kharlan- Main Design Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the name of god, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Map (Calling Artists)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Map (Calling Artists) Empty
PostSubject: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 5:58 pm

Could someone who is a decent artist draw up a nice set of maps they think would be good, id like to have a terrain map (mountains, rivers, etc...no cities yet) before i start writing.
Back to top Go down
http://kharlan.heavenforum.com
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:09 pm

Basically, you want a setting?
Back to top Go down
Nash
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
Nash

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:20 pm

like what lvl of map detail like scence like steven said or like over laying look down?
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:29 pm

Give me some individual scenes. I need some visuals to work from...unless you guys want me to go Gung-Ho on this. In which case only my views for this game will be captured most likely.

Basically, if you want some input into the story...gimme a setting.
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:07 pm

Pluto. The inhabitants live off ze solar winds.

But no, really. Desert setting would be nice (be ironic for a water-god setting, but logically works out if you think about it, as water is precious...). Jungle would be hard though...too many Aztec/Amazon stereotypes.

Eh...
Back to top Go down
WhiteboyNinja
Animations

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptySat Apr 12, 2008 9:23 pm

Actually I think a desert would be perfect for a water worshipping society. I'm thinking rolling dunes, large, sheer faces of gleaming white sandstone, and howling winds. Humanity's only refuge is the oasises that dot the desert, small lakes surrounded by protective trees and shrubs, islands of lush green in an unforgiving sea of sand.
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 10:49 am

Or, humanity has had to create it's own refuge.

Ian, read Dune. It's a story of just that. And, it's hailed as a classic. Written in mid 20th cent. I loved it..
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) EmptySun Apr 13, 2008 11:16 am

Alright. Another book to add to my list...

You do have a point though Ryan. It would probably be a more water-based society if they lived in the desert.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map (Calling Artists)   Map (Calling Artists) Empty

Back to top Go down

Map (Calling Artists)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Kharlan- Main Design Team :: Religious Game :: Idea Center-
Jump to: