Project Kharlan- Main Design Team
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In the name of god, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Storyline Ideas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:01 pm

Since I am the main writer for this game, I'll have my work cut out for me. If anyone has a good plot twist, storyline beginning, quest, or other story related idea...post it here. It would be appreciated.

-Ian
Back to top Go down
http://kharlan.heavenforum.com
Nash
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
Nash

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:17 pm

have some gods b brothers and sisters or have them all related got a love family feuds no? and ummm idk i think a cool beginning may they didnt start out as "gods" per say but just found a way to harness the power and then got so sucked in they became that element?
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:21 pm

i deffinately like the second idea. though i think the family idea is a bit overused. we wanna be more original than that, no?
Back to top Go down
ANinjaSquirrle
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
ANinjaSquirrle

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:27 pm

I like the idea, but i kind of like what we had going on in kharlan as far as its lore went. back when we actually had it *tear*
Back to top Go down
ANinjaSquirrle
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
ANinjaSquirrle

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:29 pm

again, sean is still liking what we originaly had in kharlan, im sure we can mix some of that in and make this huge mesh
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:35 pm

tis possible. storyline wise im deffinately going to use some of my writing/ideas from Kharlan. some of them would still apply.
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 4:23 pm

I'll comment when I see the draft. Please present it in hard copy form- for all of us. Make sure you date it, title it, blah blah blah..
Back to top Go down
Nash
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
Nash

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:19 pm

do we want pre set alliances at teh beginning? or do we want the players to total set that scene? i think we should have teh story start with alliances and for the first while the alliances trying to get something then after that quest maby new alliances or what ever to do something else ect ect. i belive that every month there should be some goal that for teh first 20 days its preparation to do it and teh last 10 you acutely have to try to do it. so gain favors and items from gods then go blow shit up. so for now our idea is that people some how got hold of these powers and then started teaching then got so sucked into it they became the element that people now pray/ask guidance from?
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 8:50 pm

Game-wise:

Preset alliances = good at the beginning.

We can have free territories for guilds to lord and fight over, and charge tax on items for, etc (limited tax, things like that if implimented will be balanced, of course).

Mercenaries for hire, maybe.

Story-wise: People who got sucked into whatever magic they delved into or became changed by it so much that the elements they worked with became incorporated into their bodies. So, realizing the extent of their power, they decided to change the world for the better(or for personal gain, albeit secretly). Finding disagreements and conflict amongst themselves, they took sides (2 sides) and the story continues from there.

How about that?

When do you think you can get a draft finished? I'd like one within ...say, a month. Just a draft.
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 pm

Nate. I like the idea of large events like new releases of quests that are reallllllyyy hard, so that you spend like a month prepping for them, that keeps people sucked in.

Yeah, how the 'Gods' came to be below:

Back in the days of the Great Wizards, many a man delved into the magicks...however, an elite few created an organization known as "The Circle". These men and women devoted themselves completely to their respective elements, finding them enthralling. As they delved deeper and deeper into the magicks "The Circle" of members began to control their respective elements, almost becoming them. With the essence of their elements under their control, these elite wizards set out to change the world...

Thats pretty much the opening story. Im sure we can work this into a cutscene. Oh, and on the subject of the draft. Steven...asking for a copy of it now is like asking Chris for 7 different models to be done at once. Creativity isn't instant...however, a safe estimate would be...

I'll try to have the storyline outlined by the end of next week. Not in detail though, that will take some time. By the way, i would like a terrain map...
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:26 pm

An outline i can make do with. Sorry if i prove to be too demanding of you guys, I'm still getting to know yall.
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:30 pm

No problem. It seems like it would be frusturating kinda watching us work and just suggesting anyways. I understand.
Back to top Go down
Nash
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
Nash

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:30 pm

if we say back in the day of the great wizards and leave it open for people not of the circle what do we do with them? yes that leaves us open for great quests and random ruins and shit buttt it is kinda a whole....what happened to them did they think sex was overrated and died out or what? just curious/
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:32 pm

thats just the beginning. chill. i got more for ya arriving within the week.
Back to top Go down
Nash
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
Nash

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:36 pm

lol! my be i am just thinking since this is teh story line ideas section im just saying ideas.
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 9:38 pm

nah its all good. sounded like you were on the verge of aggression though.
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:03 pm

Sex? Someone say shmexy wexy? bounce
Back to top Go down
WhiteboyNinja
Animations

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 5:37 pm

I like the opening. It sounds a good prologue, explaining why the world is in conflict. Was it intended for the PC to be a member of the Circle? Or are the Circle our "gods" who are vying for power?
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 6:46 pm

I like vying for power-but lets have different reasons so we can give our Gods a better sense of personality.
Back to top Go down
Nash
Ideas/Engine (Admin)
Nash

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:03 pm

i think one should have done it for
power crazy role
one because of family forced in to it
one because he/she needed to save some one um
one who just stumbled into it
umm those are options any one have other thoughts on this?
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 7:52 pm

I'm all for the power crazy role, cant miss out on that lol. I like the one about being forced by the family into it (probably will take a bit of working out -.-). Stumbled into it; works.

Other stuffs:

-Feels obligated to use power to promote a better world, although somewhat merciless in dishing out judgements (think...Pope gone supersaiyan)

...cant think of anymore

Edit: Hrm, for the power crazy dude...we need to incorporate a subtle bit of humor into him.
Back to top Go down
Echo t3h Admin
Storyline (Admin)

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 8:06 pm

alright i took your ideas into account.

Earth God: Power Hungry like a bitch.
Fire God: Feels obligated to better the world, but is a bit aggressive.
Thunder God: Stumbled upon The Circle and joined.
Water Goddess: Used it to attempt and save someone, yet failed.
Air Goddess: Member of the Royal Family, however, that family is long dead.

Note: In the story they have been alive for hundreds of years, they are semi-mortals. They can live forever, but still feel pains.

That sound about right? It can be changed.
Back to top Go down
ifiwasafishie
Advisor/Manager

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas EmptyFri Apr 11, 2008 9:44 pm

Works for me. Keep foul language out of it...(sorry, lol)

Edit: Although, the description for the fire god is...picturesque.

Edit2: Alright. Just read our ... introductory story. I like it, but our player will be informed that his responses will determine his stats, right? Next to each response, will we have in parenthesis like, +1 to ____ and stuff?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Storyline Ideas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Storyline Ideas   Storyline Ideas Empty

Back to top Go down

Storyline Ideas
Page 1 of 1